August 22, 2011

The skinny on Salina Street


This weekends Funky Flea is happening on a very historic and architecturally interesting spot in Syracuse! The area known as the Northside, Little Italy or just North Salina has some of the oldest storefronts and most unique architecture in the city! This mysterious building sits at 537/539 North Salina Street and is visible from the Funky Flea lot. It must, surely, be the skinniest building in town! Look how narrow it is! I have wondered about this building for years. It, at one time, sold pasta, and I have been told that it was just a little old lady and her son cranking out the pasta and selling it at a counter. Each time I have been photographing this building, someone came along and talked to me about this place. It seems to hold alot of intrigue for many people. Anyone got the skinny on this skinny structure?

1 comment:

  1. for serious. I've been dying to know the history behind that place.

    ReplyDelete