August 1, 2011

Dear Funky Flea

Dear Funky Flea,

I hope you can help me! My mother in law has been buying me gifts for all occasions for over six years now. We have a great relationship-so this is not one of those "mother in law complaint" letters. She is very kind to be so generous-but she totally doesn't get my style. I never felt right asking her for the receipts to return things and it has now kind of gotten out of control. I have piles of home decor, books, barware kitchen gadgets and even clothing that she has given me that just aren't me. I feel bad having all these things that I don't use in my home, but I don't know what to do with them. Can you offer me any advice?
signed, Guilty Daughter in Law in Eastwood


Dear Guilty D:
First off-no reason to feel guilty! When you are given a gift-it is a gesture on the bearers part to thank you or to celebrate an event in your life. You are free to do whatever you wish with them, and this is understood by both giver and receiver. My advice is to gather up those items, bring them to the North side on August 27th and sell them at the FUNKY FLEA! People poured out in droves to shop at the first Funky Flea in June. You're mom in law gifts may not be YOUR style, but they are probably someone else's! All you need to do is fill out an application by FRIDAY, AUGUST 5th, and join the already over 35 vendors we have lined up to sell those goods at our 2nd Flea Market. Go on-apply today! And after you make some good cash at the Funky Flea, selling those goodies, take the money to take out your mother in law to dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment